Wednesday, November 14, 2018

#2168 "Reflecting on Robinson Lake"

The last of the CPAWS campers had left. The silence was tranquil like a library in a cathedral. I heard a pair of humming birds flying around like jet planes in aerial combat before I saw them. They stayed buzzing around me while I painted for perhaps an hour. An adult bald eagle flew down river. I could even hear ruffed grouse drumming. It was very quiet except for the sounds of nature. I painted up a storm.

On Sunday a group of us had swum to the island opposite the DRAW Camp and downstream on the Dumoine far enough to explore the bay on the other side of the black spruce point. In a second swim we had even explored the dense lily pad forest adjacent to the island. The water was deep but the lily pads were thick. I decided that they should be included in a painting.

I used a lot of paint on this smooth and slippery surface. Fun.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...