Wednesday, November 28, 2018

#2182 "Albert Street Alley"

This was the second morning of Paint the Town 2018. The town was Kingston and the event was part of the International Plein Air Painters (IPAP) Worldwide Paint Out held for three days, Friday through Sunday in early September every year since 2001. IPAP was founded in 2001 with the belief that plein air painters should have an organization with no regional ties and no border restrictions - artists without borders. I am happy to be a Charter and Signature (Honours) Member and I don't belong to much.

We were painting in the Williamsville District of Kingston. I do not normally paint homes. There was ample parking available on Saturday so I went to Victoria Park. I would spend the entire day there mainly painting from the western edges of the park.

The alley way was just south of #2181 "Albert Street Dorms". I only moved my easel about 15 feet. I forgot to take pictures of this painting in progress. I must have really been in the zone. As well artists who had viewed the morning presentation at the Kingston School of Art arrived as I was working on this one. The sun was on my back and it felt very good.

The Queens Frosh were marching up and down the streets collecting beer bottles as a fund raiser. There were a lot of bottles to collect.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...