Sunday, December 16, 2018

#2201 "Robinson Lake Misty Dumoine Sunrise"

I was down on the shore of Robinson Lake working on #2171 "Robinson Lake Thunderstorm Sunrise". The CPAWS DRAW camp had disbanded the previous afternoon. I had spent all of the time since their departure simply painting up a storm. The lake was quiet although people had arrived in the cottage on Robinson Lake the previous (Monday) evening. They were not up yet when I started to paint. I wonder whether they were up when I went for my swim and shower the evening before?

The overnight severe thunderstorms were still visible on the eastern horizon. The torrential rain shook my little tent. I do not remember much in the way of wind but apparently there were tornado warnings issued for the area. The wind near a tornado is nothing compared to the wind within a tornado. I had a great sleep and was up and ready to paint with the sun. Large fish frequently rushed the shallows chasing down minnows for their breakfast. The splash of water at my feed startle me everytime like the clown in a Jack-in-the-box. Funny!

I based this painting on a photograph I took while looking for the subject matter of number 2171 "Robinson Lake Thunderstorm Sunrise". I liked the way the southeastern shore looked at 6:15 am on Tuesday August 7th 2018. The western slopes of those hills were all in shadow. The mist reduced the visibility and fog and stratus hung over the tops of the hills. I had this unusual elongated canvas and thought this would be a good subject matter to try it out on.

For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...