Monday, December 17, 2018

#2202 "Singleton November Sunset Altocumulus"

The thin layer of altocumulus were packed a bit like dumplings in the gently rising current of the next warm conveyor belt. The deformation zone was a bit disorganized but I believe that the col of the pattern had moved northeast of Singleton. It was the colours of the sunlight and how they played across the waters that caught my eye. I was too tired from chain sawing to get my easel out but I knew what I was going to do the next day.

The rain actually changed quickly to snow as the evapourative cooling dropped the temperatures in the lowest level of the air mass to the wet bulb temperature which was below freezing. It was a good choice to paint in the studio with the wood stove.

For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...