Wednesday, January 23, 2019

#2212 "Sliver of Sunset"

It was snowing lightly as I painted this. The flakes were small and mixed a bit with the oils to no adverse effect. The layer of stratocumulus was quite thin and could only produce the tiniest of snow flakes.

I was supposed to be in the Grand Ballroom of the Beautiful 1000 Islands Village demonstrating my approach to art. I wasn't feeling it. So I just went outside. I was not far from the Ballroom and I asked my fellow artists to point any visitors my way. Many of the attendees were artists - perhaps they all were. In any event I had a great time talking and visiting with the guests while I painted. I think I encourage a few to go out and buy some oils.

I needed to unwind a bit after completing the architectural Chapel painting #2211 "1000 Islands Village Chapel". The sky is always there for me so I painted looking up current along the St Lawrence River to the south and the setting sun. The narrow sliver of light was my goal. I forgot to take some in progress pictures as I got visiting with some guests and explaining what I was doing. The lights were coming on in the homes on the American side as I was winding this painting down.

Some of my art at the Riverbank Gallery... I have more than 100 pieces in the beautiful 1000 Islands Village
I decided to dry off and warm up in the very beautiful Chapel. A chap was playing the unbelievable organ. Christmas music was mixed with traditional hymns. It was beautiful. The Chapel is truly a special jewel of a place for countless reasons.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...