Tuesday, February 19, 2019

#0306 "Snow"

I greatly admire the work of Tom Thomson. My son was doing a project on Tom and it is from of his reference books, that I saw "Early Snow". It is one of my wife's favourite works and I thought Tom wouldn't mind if I did a miniature quasi-copy for her. I couldn't afford the original. I painted on a gessoed small slab of pine that I had left over from some construction project.

This is the partner painting to #0304 "Evening, Canoe Lake" and #305 "The Morning Cloud". I had reserved other pieces of wood to paint on.

In 1991 I was still painting in the Under the Basement Stairs Studio on Western Avenue in Schomberg and commuting to the Ontario Storm Prediction Centre in Downsview.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...