Friday, February 1, 2019

#0354 "Quality Time"

My son on a granite slab overlooking the rapids leading into McCrae Lake in the fall of 1992. The area is classic Canadian shield on the eastern shore of Georgian Bay and at that time it was not heavily used especially later in the fall. We were on a weekend canoe trip and the weather was perfect; the fishing was great; the father and son fun was amazing; it was quality time! I painted my new Tilley hat on him. He was actually wearing his canoe hat at the time. The painting is autographed on the back by Alex Tilley.

That was a quality hat and it was almost part of me. It was my signature plein air hat until the summer of 2017. I had to make a snap decision whether to save my hat that blew off my head or hang on to my grand daughter while out fishing in some wind. The hat was supposed to float but maybe it was just too old. There was some oil paint on it too.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!

 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!  For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...