Wednesday, March 20, 2019

#0430 "Distant Pastures"

This group is just part of the O'Hara herd of Holstein heifers that come to the Watershed Farm for summer holidays before they enter the milk production work force. They were looking over the fence immediately west of the house. I think they were watching me to see if I was going to head over to the feed trough and give them some grain. It was almost time for their treat.

The title is because an unattainable pasture always looks better than what they have and that might have been going through their bovine brains as well. I always thought that the cows were much smarter than we give them credit for.

Supposedly this distant pasture looks pretty good although the horses do a fair job of keeping it trimmed. I did not put the horses in the painting...

The heifers would go painting with me. I carried my plein aire gear in the bucket of the 1969 Massey Tractor.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
Be happy with what you have... it is all you really need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...