Tuesday, April 16, 2019

#2222 "Winter Outlet Boat Houses"

I was looking for something other than sunset clouds over Singleton Lake to paint. I have been painting a lot of sunsets lately. It was chilly outside in the cold conveyor belt of the next winter storm. Plein air was out of the question so there was a need to find some other inspiration.

It had been an overcast day with some light snow falling when I wandered around the Outlet of Charleston Lake in November of 2018. I was interested in the reflections of my favourite boat houses in the choppy waters of the Outlet. Motion and rhythm is important in what I am trying to say with my art. I hope you can feel the pulse in the nimbostratus, the trees, the water and even the siding of the boat houses. I have painted these before: #1636 "Outlet Reflections" #1637 "Charleston Boat Houses" #1762 "Outlet Row of Boat Houses" and maybe a few more times. I forget. (#1591 Outlet Boat Houses, #952 Outlet Afternoon, #954 Midday Outlet )

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...