Tuesday, May 21, 2019

#2239 "Jim Day Spring Reflections of Winter"

I was out for a March paddle in my canoe. The strong current in Jim Day Rapids swept me along into Long Reach. I did not need to dip my paddle and just enjoyed the ride. There was still lots of snow in the forest and this reflected nicely in the current of Jim Day. The highest water of the spring flood was still to arrive after the melt of the snow pack.

This painting was focused on shapes and colour and of course lots of movement and fun. The otters bristled their whiskers at me and the beavers slapped their tails as I passed. They were not yet used to see boats on the water after the long winter of ice and snow.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...