Saturday, June 22, 2019

#0346 "Between a Rock and a Hard Place!"

I was on a canoe trip with my canoe buddy Paul in late July 1991. The summer paddles were a highlight of the year and I booked by holiday time from the Weather Centre early. This particular granite rock face is on the east end of the creek between Shoal Lake and Bass Lake, Restoule Park. This little stretch of water and steep rock cliff is a favourite place. The title twists the common expression a bit. In this case the rock is a pleasant place where I love to canoe. The hard place could either be the unseen rapids or my responsibilities at home and work. Everyone needs to balance their time between The Rock and The Hard Place... thus the title. Linda thought of this title too!

I almost never include myself in any painting. This was an exception. This was also my almost new Nova Craft Kevlar prospector canoe with white ash trim. The canoe had some imperfections from the plant in London but my friends at Nova Craft helped me with the price. We are all a bit imperfect anyway and plus perfection is way over-rated. It paddles well and spins on a dime. The Kevlar brought the weight of the 16 foot canoe down to 48 pounds and it made me feel bullet proof as well.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...