Wednesday, September 4, 2019

#2258 "Walking Boots"

This was the afternoon of Day Two of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) supported DRAW (Dumoine River Art for Wilderness) 2019. We were all eco-artists trying to assist with the awareness of the importance of wilderness in modern society.

It was even hotter and sunnier after I completed #2257 "Dumoine Sand Beach Ledges". I had to stay in the shade to paint between the periods of swimming in the sandy cove and the Dumoine current. These are my signature boots purchased sometime around 2004. They have covered a lot of miles. I hope there are many more to come. These boots were really made for walking. A painting can be a simple as a pair of boots. These are my favourite piece of footwear by far. I had painted them before in #1116 "Boots".

"These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" was a hit song written by Lee Hazlewood and recorded by Nancy Sinatra. It charted January 22, 1966, and reached No. 1 in the United States Billboard Hot 100 and in the UK Singles Chart. Unlike Nancy's boots, these are actually HI-TEC Hiking Boots and made for walking. HI-TEC uses a lot of technology to make them safe and comfortable. These boots have been up and down trails everywhere as I travelled with AES, EC, COMET and with EUMETSAT. My partner found replacement boots that I can use when appearance is important.

Apparently Vincent was obsessed with painting boots and shoes as well. One pair of boots he painted looked a lot like mine. I should paint more footwear too. A famous artist once said there is no purple in nature. I see purple everywhere.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2848 "Singleton Bald Eagles"

#2848 "Singleton Bald Eagles" 20x16 inches oils on stretch canvas Started Monday March 25st, 2024 It is a challenge to put a smile...