Saturday, June 5, 2021

#2497 "Singleton Spring Ice in the Wetland"


Spring had arrived. The sounds of the very territorial Canada geese and the red winged black birds filled the air. The ring necked ducks arrived back that morning as well. I wish there were more of them. I suspect that a lack of habitat and over-hunting in their southern range is the problem. Otherwise, the morning was beautiful. 

I wanted to record the different colours which are unique to spring. The shadows from the trees behind me changed colours as they crossed the different surfaces that stretched in front of me. There was a slight hint of rose in the colours of the trees as the buds started to swell with spring. The white walls of the Wick Pick Cottages shone like beacons in the morning light. You would not want to cross that ice unless you had on your bathing suit. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...