Monday, June 7, 2021

#2498 "Windy March Storm Approaching"


I was still out standing in the March marsh. A spring storm was developing. It would not arrive at Singleton until Thursday night - more than two days into the future. The lines in the sky already revealed its approach. These deformation zones are characteristic of the leading flank of the warm conveyor belt. They are shaped by linked pairs of anticyclonic circulations in the ridge of high pressure that we had been enjoying for many days. 

The wind picked up while I painted the skyscape. The fetch in the open water beyond the spring ice was not very long but it was enough to produce white caps and to make the lake quite rough. The wind buffeted my large palette and almost pushed it into my chest more than once. That would have been rather messy. Palette mashing into my shirt has happened before. I know from experience although may not always learn from the valuable lesson. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...