Thursday, June 10, 2021

#2499 "March Lamb Showers"


March was going out like a lamb but a snowy lion was waiting in the wings. It was a very mild plus 10 Celsius when I headed out to paint but the cold front was just on the western horizon. 

The one band of rain was just about to stop so I headed out to the front ridge. There was likely to be another convective rain band with the passage of the cold front. There was no time to waste and several more hours of heavy rain were on the western horizon. 

I know that my hearing is not as good as it once was but I can still hear nature if I immerse myself within it. The cardinal was whistling its territory and there were lots of other birds getting busy as well with the approach of spring. The southwesterly winds were gusting and making lots of noise as well in the tops of the trees. 

I just wanted to have some fun with the oils. The scud clouds were whistling along in those southwesterly winds and I decided to chase those with my brush. Scattered cumulus under deck (SCUD) are type of fractus cloud which are low above the ground and associated with convection - typically thunderstorms. SCUD are typically ragged and wispy and continually being shaped and reshaped by the turbulent winds. 

I had to be careful holding my large palette as the wind threatened to blow it into my chest. That would be messy. I know this from previous experiences. I did get wet but not soaked. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...