Thursday, September 22, 2022

#2687 "Great Blue Heron On the Hunt"

#2687 "Great Blue Heron On the Hunt"
28x32 by 1.75 inches gallery mount oils

A gifted photographer friend took a remarkable picture of a Singleton great blue heron. I knew the log that the bird was perched on from my travels in the canoe. 

This painting was on the easel most of the summer of 2022. My goal was to great motion and drama and I struggled. The brush strokes were lavish with oils and bold. There a many angles and shapes in the design of the painting. Enough said I guess. 

The three frogs hiding in the duckweed create a bit of a story and augmented the title. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...