Saturday, October 15, 2022

#2697 "Chaffey's Water Under the Bywash Bridge"

#2697 "Chaffey's Water Under the Bywash Bridge"
12x9 inches oils

The Annual International Plein Air Painters (IPAP) Worldwide Paint Out is held the second weekend of September to honour those lost on 911. IPAP started on October 19th, 2001 was designed to be something positive in the wake of the tragedy of 911. The 2022 IPAP Great Worldwide Paint Out is the 20th Anniversary of that first event back in 2002. I have not missed a year of of participation since then. I spent the day at Chaffey's Locks. 

After completing #2696 "Chaffey's Lock Bywash", I headed up the slope to stand in the deeper shade on the walkway that spanned the bywash. I was intrigued by the swirls in the current and the different colours reflecting in the pool. The Opinicon Road runs west from Chaffey's Lock. The road leading into the locks from the east is appropriately named the Chaffey's Lock Road. The miracle of name transformation for the road apparently occurs at the swing bridge that spans the lock just to the right in my subject. There were sometimes cars and motorcycles waiting on the bridge while boats were locking through and the swing bridge was opened. No one seemed to notice me as I painted in the shade. I stayed in the artistic zone and felt very good. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...