Saturday, November 19, 2022

#2711 "Jim Day Sunrise Steam Fog"

#2711 "Jim Day Sunrise Steam Fog"
10x12 by 1/2 inches oils
I knew that the wind would develop by mid-morning when the radiational inversion broke down, so I decided to head out for a paddle around Singleton Lake while the water was like glass. The air was cold enough to support steam fog. It had been a while since I painted steam devils so I thought that it would be good to try them again. The story can be found in the title. This is looking southeastward around 7 am in the morning. 

I did manage to paddle around Singleton before the southwesterly winds picked up. 

I enjoy working on these smooth and slippery surfaces. It encourages one to mix the correct colour, load the brush, lay the oils in the right place and move on. Too much brushwork can quickly make the colours muddy. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...