Monday, March 13, 2023

#2740 "Singleton Sanctuary Snowy Wildlife Trails"

#2740 "Singleton Sanctuary Snowy Wildlife Trails"
10x8 by 1.5 inches Oils on Gallery-Wrapped Canvas

This was from a walk on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023 along Long Reach Lane. Aside from the typical creatures, mine were the only tracks in the fresh snow. The image is from 2:30 pm and the afternoon sun felt good on my back as I walked. 

One of my Singleton Red Fox Friends
This particular trail had been used by the red fox. I could see how its tail had swept the fresh and loose snow. The clawed footprints of a fox are distinctive and typically in a straight line. The prints of the bobcats are feline and show no claws. 

I wanted to work on something loose after the detail and exactness required for the covey of bird paintings. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...