Saturday, March 25, 2023

#2745 "Valentines Day at Jim Day Rapids"

#2745 "Valentine's Day at Jim Day Rapids"
8x10 oils on canvas
I headed out to Jim Day Rapids to be certain of having the February sun on my back. That location would also be protected from the southwesterly breeze that was certain to develop as the ridge of high pressure moved further to the east. 

A pair of healthy-looking coyotes had crossed that point just an hour before. The warm sun felt delicious on my back while I painted. I wanted to paint something loose with more oils and less detail. With my new hearing aids, I could hear things that I probably had not heard for years. The birds were singing of spring. I could even hear the ice melt. 

There is much to love and protect within the Singleton Sanctuary, especially on Valentine's Day. Who needs chocolate? 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...