Monday, May 15, 2023

#2765 "Sunset Purple Virga"

#2765 "Sunset Purple Virga"
8x10 inches oils on canvas

The skies cleared after an all-day rainfall. The clouds were brilliant and told of unspoken meteorology and meaning. The view is from the previous evening and I wished to have some fun interpreting the patterns and colours with my oils. 

Night-time Microphysics RGB
Broad Langmuir streaks were paralleling the upper winds in the wake of the storm. Gravity waves were embedded with the Langmuir streaks as well. The airmass displayed some high-level instability with pieces of altocumulus. Shafts of purple virga drifted toward the ground but did not make it very far before sublimating into oblivion. The sun was setting ever further to the north with every passing day after the equinox. Spring was on the way. 

I was thinking of my Father on March 24th, the twenty-second year since his passing. I still wear a plaid jacket that we gave him a year or two before he passed. The worn coat remains neatly sewn up for me and I wear it frequently except when I am doing hard work in the forest. My Father gave me "a leave it beaver" childhood playing in the forest. He encouraged my art and I still use the very first aluminum easel I received for my birthday around 1970. I wish that all children were as fortunate as I.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...