Thursday, November 16, 2023

#2825 "Sunday Morning Drizzle and Sunflowers"

#2825 "Sunday Morning Drizzle and Sunflowers"
7x5 inches oils on canvas panel

This was the third and final day of the 2023 International Plein Air Painters (IPAP) Worldwide Paint Out. The tragic events that occurred on September 11 many years ago changed the world. IPAP began as a direct response to "911". I tend to be a solitary artist but am a Charter and Signature Member of this group dedicated to creativity and looking for something positive out of tragedy. On the second weekend of September 2002, the first Worldwide Paint Out was held to honour those lost on 911. I have participated every year ever since. At one time I organized large group paint-outs...

The wise phrase "cirrostratus coming at us" had correctly predicted the rainy weather overnight. Sunday morning dawned to a grey overcast sky with drizzle. 

The weather did not slow nature at all. Nor did it impede my brushwork on a small canvas panel. My painting location had come full circle cyclonically since Friday morning on this third day of the Annual IPAP Worldwide Paint Out. I was still optimistic that something fun and perhaps exceptional might come from my efforts with the oils. 

The corvid crows were announcing my every move to anyone listening. Their raucous calls filled the air. I remember from my nature reading that their calls that numbered four in a row warned of a dangerous intruder within their vicinity. That would be me. The murder of crows should have realized by now that I was their friend but one cannot be too careful! 

A curious seagull buzzed just above me as I painted. I could feel the air from its wings. 

 Occasionally the drizzle transformed into light rain. I was not going to melt and kept on painting. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels or here to go straight to the Flower Collection.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...