![]() |
| #3039 "Hazel-eyed Daisy" 8 X 10 (inches) oil on canvas. Started 10:00 am Sunday, August 16th, 2026 |
I thought I would spend another hour or so with the clump of brown-eyed susans featured in #3038 "Singleton August Bouquet". Every painting will be different, even if the subject is the same.
A "hazel-eyed daisy" poetically describes the classic ox-eye daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare). Technically, there is no such flower.
I picked my own hazel-eyed daisy (her name was not Susan) on this date in 1975 - 51 years ago. It was the best decision I ever made ... although I was only half of that selection-making process. A life partner is the only choice that you have to get right the first time. All of your other decisions can be flawed, and you will still get by. Time really does fly when you are having fun.
![]() |
| Wild and just a little bit crazy... |
![]() |
| An hour spent listening to nature is worthwhile even if no one understands the art. |
This is not AI-produced in any way! "Artificially" generated anything is, by definition, synthetic, fake, and just an imitation of what has already been done. AI really needs to be avoided, at least in my small world. The human touch, even with all of the inherent flaws are essential to make the art come alive.
Step away from the easel and move on. Perhaps grab another canvas...
I have painted brown-eyed susans as well as daisies many times before...
For this and much more art, click Fine Art America or go straight to Collections or the new Wet Paint Collection. If you enjoy this, you might like the Flower Collection...
Thank you so very much for reading, and stay well!
Warmest regards, and keep your paddle in the water,




No comments:
Post a Comment