Friday, September 28, 2018

#2131 "Sinclair Hidden Paradise"

I decided to grab a slippery panel and paint the home of Paradise Lost or was it Paradise Found. Regardless the structure was quite hidden in the trees. There was indeed a cottage on Sinclair Island although there was no sign of any activity. It looked like a potential paradise to me but perhaps it was too early in the season. The cottage was probably uninhabited save for perhaps a few weeks in the hottest part of the summer. The trees had grown up and the structure was barely discernible.

The bugs were getting a bit more persistent. I used the mini head net when the black flies persisted on landing on and behind the lenses of my glasses. I do not get too many bites but still a few. Apparently ticks are not a big concern around Lake Superior yet.

The frontal surface was lower and the rain was getting closer. There was a lot of wind in the atmosphere. Long wavelength gravity waves dominated the altostratus skies looking northward from Sinclair Cove. I painted in the shelter of the rugged shore of Lake Superior and barely felt any of these winds in the cove.

The rain started at 10 am just as I was finishing up. My plein air painting was done for the day. The rain was even heavy at times. I decided to drive through the Superior East Provincial Park looking for painting material and locations. I ended up in Wawa. I even toured Michipicoten just south of Wawa which is where my friend Lawrence Nickle did that painting that I own.
 For this and much more art...

2 comments:

  1. What's-her-name and her husband had a place like that at Pimisi Bay - I think it's abandoned now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred.. These island places are a challenge to keep up.. and then the family grows up and moves away. The mice and the raccoons move in :>)

      Delete

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...