Sunday, October 7, 2018

#2141 "Dumoine Grande Chute Foggy Morning"

My friend, artist Mark Patton and I headed to the Grande Chute after a quick DRAW coffee and a couple of slices of CPAWS toast. Delicious. There were very few people stirring and the morning light was changing fast. Mark was keen to get painting and so was I. I set up at the same place where I painted #1959 "Morning on the Grande Chute" in 2017 on the very edge of the east bank of the Grande Chute.
The roar of the rapids drowned everything else out. The morning fog from the overnight rain was still thick. The Dumoine valley was deep and dark and full of noise. I painted what I saw and heard. There was meant to be a lot of motion amid all of this commotion. The oils flowed and I did not even realize that my friend artist Reid McLachlan had taken any pictures of me while I painted. It was too much fun to be painting with these friends! 
 For this and much more art...

2 comments:

  1. way to go, Phil !
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacq. This is the second year for the Dumoine DRAW with CPAWS. It is a special place that needs some protection too :>)

      Delete

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...