Sunday, September 20, 2020

#2384 "Dumoine Forest Memories"


This is the same scene that I did en plein air in #2159 "Dumoine Rapids" and again in the Singleton Studio in #2188 "Dumoine Dances". It was extremely hot outside and there was not much in the way of clouds. The severe thunderstorms were far away to the east. I thought I might try another go at the classic Dumoine scene on a slippery panel using a lot of oil and very few brush strokes. One never knows how it will turn out. Using a lot of paint is always fun though. 


COVID was going to restrict my normal painting trips and I was going to miss the Dumoine adventure in 2020. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...