Tuesday, May 4, 2021

#2481 "Singleton Shagbark Hickory Point"


I had some time and the weather was about to get sunny and mild. I drove my Kubota Studio out to the far, western point of the Singleton Forest. 

The high ridge of marble supported some huge deciduous trees. I set up my easel with the sun on my back and looking across the grove of shagbark hickories to the northwest. The ice was making a lot of noise. The sounds ranged from growls and grinds to explosive pops. The birds were busy making noise as well. The spring migration was starting. The trumpeter swans were bugling and the flocks of Canada geese honked their arrival back into Paradise. I was surrounded by nature and hopeful that those feelings and sounds would somehow find their way into the oils. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...